Here are ten questions we've come up with so far:
- Describe one of the stories in your collection.
- What is your writing process like?
- At what stage do you start seeking feedback on your work and from whom? (i.e. a friend? colleague? relative?)
- What do you think a good short story collection should deliver?
- What book made you want to become a writer?
- What kind of research, if any, do you do?
- If you dabble in any other non-literary forms of expression, what do you do and how does it inform your work?
- Describe a technique you've learned from other narrative or non-narrative forms of expression.
- What are the advantages or disadvantages of living at a remove from New York (i.e., the center of the publishing business)? (for those in the hinterlands)
- Who is your favorite living author and why?
We'd welcome any good questions. If you'd like to suggest any, you can send them to email@example.com. If an author chooses to answer one of your questions, we'll send you a short story collection of your choice from 2009.